Meaning “white” in Spanish, this one is smooth and smokey. It is an un-aged variant in the pride characterized by the smooth but distinctly smokey flavour and is the closest adaptation to an authentic Mezcal.
Blanco - Meaning “white” in Spanish. It is an un-aged variant in the pride and is the closest adaptation to an authentic Mezcal characterized by the smooth but distinctly smokey flavour. Connoisseurs love it and our blanco boasts the most international awards for its quality. Leonista is designed to be sipped but it is also great to use in cocktails like a Margarita or simple mixers such as Bitter/Dry Lemon and lime.
● Award winning blanco made like an authentic “mezcal”
● “Mezcal” has smooth and smoky tasting notes, best enjoyed neat
● Great for cocktails – click here to view online recipes
● Suggested mixer: Single or double blanco, squeeze of fresh lime juice, topped with Bitter/Dry Lemon in a glass full of ice.
● Certified Organic by EcoCert SA
Leonista is a premium 100% agave spirit made from 12 year old agave Americana that grows in the Karoo. The piña or heart of the agave is slow cooked in a custom designed wood-fired oven for no less than 48 hours, using smoke and fire to turn starches into sugars and give it a distinct smokey flavor. The piñas are crushed and fermented with wild yeast extracted from the plant before double distillation in copper pot stills. This process results in a deliciously smooth spirit with a diverse breadth of flavours, from earthy to smokey and herbaceous to vegetal agave. The spirit is a true reflection of the earth and the soil that it comes from. Leonista uplifts the local communities by giving a percentage of every bottle sold towards supporting African conservation.
● Gold Medal - Old Mutual Trophy Spirits Show 2019
● Gold Medal - Michelangelo International Wine & Spirits Awards 2018
● Silver Medal - San Francisco World Spirits Competition 2018